Monday, February 21, 2011

pretend we sent these to you in the mail

We hopped on the home-made valentines bandwagon this year and I had lofty ambitions to send all the extras out to family and friends.  Yet, here they sit on my kitchen counter........not likely to go anywhere in the near future.  I have realized that I have a major problem with getting to the post office.  It is something that I am working on but there seems to be some sort of mental block there whenever I need to send anything in a timely manner.  So, pretend that these just showed up on your doorstep right on time and that I am a really cool mom for doing it:)


 As usual, Em decided not to go with the flow.  If you have had any sort of conversation with her in the last year, you will know that she has a serious obsession with dogs.  We call her "Bubba" because she is constantly launching into dog-talk with eerie similarity to the shrimp-lovin' Bubba from Forrest Gump.  I would go on but this subject really deserves it's own post.

Eli wanted in on the action but sadly never made it to print.  

Happy belated Valentines Day!  And, this is all I've got........no heart shaped pancakes, pink milk, or special fondue dinner.  Hopefully my kids will survive my un-festiveness on these holidays.

4 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

Thank you so much for sending those to us! They were so cute!
See what a good pretender I am? Have to use your geniusness next year when we have proper photo developing close by. I hear ya on the post office. We'll see if flat Stanley is ever returned to CA by the date given.

Becky said...

Trust me, those took WAY longer than a fondue dinner! Kudos to you, Sharese. You always find a way to make something fun for each holiday! No worries, our Christmas, I mean Valentines cards are still sitting on the dining room table...

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

Halle's Valentine made it to Katelyn's new chicken-wire board over her desk. Love that girl!

Sarah Beck said...

These are so cute! You are so clever to think of putting that together! I am very impressed.