Sunday, May 8, 2011

yesterday

We finally got a reprieve from nearly two weeks of solid rain/thunderstorms/tornados......etc.  So, it was back to the usual Saturday schedule.  I do recall that we used to use this day to do yardwork, run errands, and complete projects....not so much anymore.  Now, we just attempt to coordinate schedules and pack the right supplies to make it through the day.  
Emma is taking a break from soccer this spring to give softball a try.  So far she is really enjoying it and loves the comraderie of her team, all the cool cheers, and definitely all the cool equipment.  If you want a good laugh, you should see me playing toss with her in the yard.  Throwing has never been my specialty!




I wonder what lingering effects there will be from hours upon hours of playing in the dirt for my younger two.  Or, how many slushies will be consumed by the end of the year.....

After Emma's game, we drove up to Dayton to watch Jordan's team play in their fourth game of the day.  Their team is 11U this year and this was a 12U tournament that they made it all the way to the championship game.  They played a team from Detroit whose smallest player towered over our biggest player.  It was like watching men playing against boys!  They did well though and we were proud of them for making it that far, especially after not being able to play for two weeks with all the rain.  Eli even got in on the action and brought home his own medal.


3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

You are a good woman! I love seeing Emma in sporting pics. She looks so athletic. I don't have an athletic bone in my body so I am always impressed by things like that. I love that Eli got in on the action!

La said...

Let the baseball season begin. ..

amy16 said...

We should keep a running total of hot dogs, fries, slushes and ring pops consumed from March to July....