Monday, June 6, 2011

latelies

I thought it would be good to stop and take a few minutes to post something....since the kids get out of school tomorrow and I'm not really sure how things are going to go.  So much for being proactive and not letting chaos reign supreme this summer!  
I've gone through my recent photos and found a few that were actually taken someplace other than a baseball field, imagine that.  FYI:  there is no rhyme or reason to the relevance of any of these photos, except that they were all taken with my phone.

 We got passes to our amusement park, Kings Island, for the first time this year.  It is a great place but can be a bit crazy to take four kids who all want to go in different directions.  I took advantage of the kids still being in school and spent the day with just Eli and I.  It was great, and hopefully he will remember this day when he is being dragged around to all the big rides this summer.

 We had so much fun together and it reminded me to make a better effort at spending one-on-one time with each of my kids this summer.  

Emma has been a busy girl this spring.  This was after she had played in a softball game and then a soccer game, all in 90 degree weather.  So, naturally we had to stop and get some shaved ice before heading home.  

 We brought Jordan's old bike back to life miraculously and Eli is loving it.  Lately he has been grabbing any old helmet he can find in the garage....probably not up to standards but better than nothing!

(Emma fulfilling dog-walking duties for a friend)
 I have not yet posted about Emma and her canine obsession.  I need to.  It is worth sharing but also so intense that it cannot be contained in just one post.  In a nutshell, she NEEDS her own dog and has been looking forward to her tenth birthday next year (the age that I dumbly promised several years ago that she could have her own dog)  We do already have a dog that I would like to send away to a far off place most days.  So I do not know what to do........ruin my own life?  Or make her wish come true??  

 Halle on western day......she loved spirit week at their school and didn't miss a chance to dress up.

 This is my arm.  And yes, I am wearing a camo shirt.  I try to dress really cool at baseball games so I can get a fabulous farmer tan........I know it looks more like fuschia than tan due to my misjudgement of the Atlanta sun last weekend.

 This was at Halle's musical theater performance.  Only Eli and I could make it and he was great about watching all the numbers and holding onto her flowers for afterwards.  I will post soon about this when I get my act together.

I couldn't find any pics of Jordan without a uniform on......thought this one was funny.  They have had a lot of weekends where they play 2-3 games in one day so this is from a nearby bar (owned by a parent on his team).


I will leave you with this video of Eli learning how to work it with the ladies.  Probably totally inappropriate but with only the best intentions.





4 comments:

Savage said...

LOVE the video, laughed until I cried! Thanks for making my day!

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

Very cute! All of them!

La said...

That is a great video. :)

Raw Redskins said...

Loved those pics, and the farmer tan is money. I can't wait to see the dog infatuation post. PS love the farmer tan it looks hot on you along with the camo shirt.