I'll preface this post by saying that after a lot of years of sitting on the sidelines of games, I am comfortable with the scene. I get the culture, I know what is appropriate, I know my place and don't feel the need to impress anybody or try to be someone I'm not.
For a while, I assumed that all my kids would follow a similar path.....that athletic one laid out by their father....and supported by me for the most part :) But, I am slowly coming to the realization that Halle has her own ideas about these things. She has been a dynamo from the start, always alert to potential audiences for her charms and performances. Just this week she spend over an hour laying out her outfit to wear to tennis lessons while the older kids spent that time attempting to outdo eachother with the amount of ball bounces on their racquets. After months of begging and pleading, I signed her up for a musical theater class and she has loved every second.
The thing is, I don't know a thing about this world. It seems a little foreign to attend (and pay for) weekly classes and then just have one performance to look forward to at the end of the year.........rather than games every week to assess progress.
I was not well versed in performance protocol so my make-up application left a lot to be desired! There is just something not right about a 6 year old wearing mascara........proven by her smearing it all over her face a few seconds later. Ah, the drama!
Luckily, I had some cash on hand to buy flowers......another requirement at these things. Eli kept them clutched tightly in his hands throughout all the numbers.
Here is a little video from the dress rehearsal......this is mainly for the grandparents!
I'm unsure of where this is headed. I have to say that it has been pretty insane with three kids involved in their own activities. There were several weeks where Travis was traveling and I had to have all three of them at different places at the same time......all aver the city. I had to force myself to be okay with dropping Jordan off at an empty ballfield for practice, telling Emma "good luck" with her soccer try-out before dropping her off(unheard of, right?) and then being 15 minutes late picking up Halle from theater class. It was nuts!!
She is signed up for soccer this fall so I'm not giving up yet on the sports thing......but she is already planning out her future class list with tumbling, dance, and more theater. I suppose I am going to have to force myself to learn a little about being a "stage mom" and pick myself up from the bleachers, apply extra hair products/make-up, and learn to fit in!




6 comments:
She is so stinking cute. You'll be an awesome stage mom!
So cute...I love her. And I love that she is her own little, spunky person. Okay, so the move is this week! CRAZY! Really Crazy. I miss you Sharese, You were so awesome last year to help me through this and I will never forget it. Loved your post, I will keep you posted, once we reach ZION :)
Hahaha I love it she is a natural, and makeup application was a success well done!
No way to your last comment. You can just hang with me. I DEFINITELY don't fit in with those other stage moms--ESPECIALLY after all of the costume drama!!
Halle is so sweet, maybe Eli will want to be a dancer too! Don't tell Trav I said that though. When all the cousins are together Halle can be the director of a big musical or something, she is awesome!
I feel the same way about Anna. She is all about the dancing and frilly stuff, something that is completely foreign to me.
That little Halle...man, she is a so unbelievably cute.
Post a Comment