Monday, January 28, 2008

The Fat Supermodel




My darling daughter, Emma, informed me last night that I look like the title of this blog. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not. It's great to be 31 weeks along and have such observant children! I have decided that once you have gained the recommended 25-30 lbs, your ob-gyn should just skip the whole weigh-in part of the prenatal visit.....besides the fact that their scales are totally off by like 10 pounds! So, yes.....I am feeling large at the moment and it all seems to be settling in the very attractive region between my shoulders and thighs which must mean that my future son is either growing at an extremely high rate, I have an abnormally heavy placenta, or I am just retaining a ton of water (I'm sure it has nothing to do with ice cream consumption!)

My nesting instinct has definitely kicked in so I am trying to cross off all the things on my list. A good friend gave me some great advice to help when you feel like every day is Groundhog Day as a stay at home mom. She told me to do something each day that can't be easily undone like say...vacuuming, laundry, or washing dishes. So I have been trying to accomplish a few things that will help me feel somewhat productive! My current project is to repaint my kitchen chairs. A few years ago, I decided to paint them white and put seat covers on them but I only made it 3/4 of the way there because I ran out of fabric and never finished them. Now my plan is to sand them all down, remove the seat covers and paint them black. So far, I have 4 done and 2 to go!
I also had to include Jordan's latest art project..."The Hairiest Man Ever" He was very proud of it and very offended that the art teacher at school didn't choose it to be displayed out in the hallway.

2 comments:

Julie and Devin said...

That is a great story! We love your blog. Check out our blog as well, julieanddevin.blogspot.com

Julie and Devin

Mindy said...

Sharese,

It is so fun to read your blog. I feel like we are still near. Or at least I feel that way. Since I haven't started one yet! Your chairs look great.

Mindy