I have been told on more than one occasion that all mothers lose a few brain cells with each child that they have. I do have to say that I could not agree more with this statement, which is why I am quite positive that following this child--my brain will not be able to withstand any further damage....My latest lapse in judgement came last week when I went in for my glucose screening test (keep in mind that I had already spaced the original appointment back in January so I was already way past the appropriate window for it to be done..) Well, I somehow forgot about that little fasting rule for the two hours before the test and had eaten some carrots(of course!), popcorn, and a bite of my daughter's valentine cookie on the way to the Dr. I did not even think about it until after I had already choked down the full cup of vile liquid.........the nurse just gave me that look, you know....the one where she questions your competence as a mother... and of course I failed the test. Which brings me to this morning when I had to go back and sit through the lovely three hour extended screening. SO..........to all those who may be in the family way in the future, I give you my heartfelt advice to NOT be an idiot and fail your first test or you will get to enjoy a DOUBLE DOSE of disgustingly-sweet gag-inducing drink, sit through 3-4 hours at your OB-GYN and endure 4 separate blood draws. I have been experiencing the full body shudders all day just thinking about that drink and I almost lost it when the girls and I made Kool-Aid tonight...it just happened to be the "colorless" kind and I couldn't even look at the stuff!
I wish that I could have scheduled this for a day that I could come home and chill for a bit but it was a snow day so the kids were all home..........and I think a tornado came through from the looks of our house when I walked in the door! We had tumbling to get to, 4 lbs of bbq pork to cook, shred, and deliver to the church for the scout banquet that we couldn't attend anyway, and baseball practice.........but on the bright side, I found out that at our local Kroger, they now have a tortillerie and make fresh tortillas every day:) I bought some and can't wait to try them out!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That stinks. I hate that stuff but luckily haven't ever failed and had to endure the extended test. I am pretty sure I wouldn't be as together as you are if I had to keep track of as many activities as you do.
I feel for you! I threw up almost every time, which meant doing it again. Then with my last preg. I was informed that I could just eat 13 full size jelly beans instead. What? So I'd been drinking orange syrup for the fun of it?
What a cute family you have and I guess from the post you are adding one more. I kept seeing your name pop up on jens blog and asked if it was one in the same and sure enough it is. So you are in wonderful Ohio that's pretty far from what used to be home. Loved all your posts and got a good laugh out of the gluclose test. It's great that you are keeping in touch with Jen.
Post a Comment