Basketball/soccer games, baseball practice all day Saturday.....
Jordan scored 31 points total in his two games which is quite good considering the fact that he is vertically challenged and his team total was 40 altogether.......that doesn't make him too much of a ball hog, right? He is very confident in his abilities but doesn't trust his teammates to get the job done so we hear "Pass the Ball!!" quite often.......one problem is that genetically speaking, he comes from a long line of men who have never seen a shot they didn't like:) Emma also scored 1 goal against a very good team in her indoor game. So, while other parents are getting projects done on the weekends, we are perfecting our sideline cheering and filming........and drawing and snacking! The girls are very obsessed with the snack bars at the games and are always trying to cajole me into getting them something~this weekend they came up with, "but Mom.......we just want something healthy, like those chips!" I suppose that chips are a healthier option than, say, a ring pop but I did not cave in and for that, I am proud!
I had to force myself to make a list this weekend of things to do before the baby comes, I feel like we have been so busy that as much as I would love to be not pregnant....the little guy is going to be here soon and I really am not as prepared as I should be. First on the list is to get the nursery in order-it is now pink and green and needs to be painted a more masculine shade or there may be irreparable damage on our little boy's psyche. I am just struggling with my colorblindness and finding a good paint color is a very stressful thing! I don't know if other moms feel this way but knowing that he will be our last has made me very apprehensive about acquiring more baby items that I will just have to give away after just a short time. So, I am keeping it simple and trying to only get what we truly need to have.
I have decided that springtime cannot come too soon....with all the vacation and snow days we have had recently, we are feeling a lot of cabin fever and need some sunshine and warm weather to cheer us all up. One of the speakers today at church got it right when she said that "we tend to focus on the 1 minute of fighting that goes on between our kids rather than the 32 minutes of peaceful happy playing" I am very guilty of this lately because we have had SO much togetherness, I am in need of a little mommy time to get my sanity back! So here are some of the good times we have had lately to help me remember where my focus should be.
Sugar Cookie baking with the girls......
A fun sledding outing with Dad on one of our many snow days.....
So, in a nutshell that was our weekend....nothing terribly exciting but worth documenting just the same!
2 comments:
Do you offer hair seminars? We're getting pretty bored with the piggies - even the flippies aren't as cute now that her hair doesn't curl. I'm just not gifted in that area. Better yet, I'll just bring her over every morning to join the assembly line.
Looking busy and it reminds me of my life. Never stops does it. I am so excited for you and your fourth! Tell me how it goes. Hope I can be this daring.
Post a Comment