Monday, May 26, 2008

Baby Phat

So I recently laced up my running shoes, went out and ran 5 miles at record speed, lost 30 lbs, reclaimed my beach-body just in time for the summer,...............

and then I woke up.

In actuality(is that a word?), I laced up my running shoes, walked/jogged a couple of painful miles at a snail's pace, got on the scale for no apparent reason, and then threw back a few handfuls of M&Ms for good measure. I wanted to take a photo to show the screen of my Nike+iPod mileage data but my photography skills were too limited so here are the sad stats:


Distance: 2.29 miles
Time: 31:07
Pace: 13:33 min/mile

I feel like I should be wearing a big sign on my back to explain all of the jiggling and bouncing going on that says,


"I normally look much better"
or
"I just had a baby"
or
"A whole lotta Baby Fat"
or
"Nursing moms rock"


I know that I sound vain but I don't really think that I am, its just that I am just so sick of mixing and matching the 5 articles of clothing that fit right now and I refuse to buy new stuff. It is funny that I suddenly think that I have lots of fabulous clothes in my closet if only because I can't fit into any of them. Since this will most likely be the last time I have baby fat to lose, I have decided to have an optimistic attitude. In the future, I won't have anything concrete to blame weight gain on except for UDF ice cream or old age. From here on out, I will be taking a cue from Kimora Lee Simmons and referring to it as "Baby Phat" which sounds much better.
{Kind of embarrassing to admit but I have seen most of the episodes of "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane". Its funny what shows can pique your interest when you are pointlessly channel-surfing late at night. I have learned much about fabulosity and working it with what you've got.  Which is far more valuable than anything Travis has learned from watching "The Hills".}

Quality stuff, people.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Sharese, if it makes you feel any better, I got up this morning to run and I didn't even run a mile. Sadly, I have no excuses either. A group of ladies are trying to get me running again, and I haven't jogged in YEARS. I was so embarrassed watching this ladies turn into ants as they ran farther and farther ahead of me.

So...Travis watches the Hills? You know, I watch that ridiculous show religiously online. Every time it's over, I get so mad at myself but it doesn't keep me from watching the following week.

Sina said...

Maybe we can start comparing our stats on the Nike website - maybe a little fun competition to get things going!! Travis can be your go to guy and Dustin can be mine.

Amy Eagleston said...

I just want to know how it is possible to have an eight pound baby and come home from the hospital only six pounds lighter than you went in. I am still working (more like complaining since I haven't worked out in forever) about my baby weight and my baby is 15 months old.

Reese said...

Amen to that sister!