Saturday, June 21, 2008

Buena Suerte!

Posted by Picasa
Its so hard to say goodbye! Trav's parents left this weekend for their mission in Phoenix. There have been a lot of bittersweet moments this past week as we have thought about all the things they will miss as well as all the great things they will be doing over the next three years. I know that they will definitely make a huge impact on the missionaries and all of the people they come in contact with. Our thoughts and prayers will be with them. Adios......and buena suerte!

2 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That is so cool. So, I am really excited to see how the family pictures turned out...I loved that post.

Lydia said...

I'm with Amy. How are the pictures? I actually thought of you the other day as I picked out my kids' Sunday clothes and smiled at your post describing your color-coordination skills. You would be proud that I actually took the time to somewhat color-coordinate their outfits.

That's awesome about your in-laws and their mission. Jeff's parents were mission presidents in Brazil, and all of us sobbed when they took off. I cried mainly at the expression on Jeff's mom's face. She was devastated to leave her two pregnant daughters (they didn't have any grandkids yet).
It was such a sad day, but after a few weeks, we began to get letters of their missionary adventures, which were loaded with one amazing experience after another. They had a wonderful three years.