Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pumpkin, schmumpkin


Every October there are two questions that I am asked about 2000 times.  "Mooooooom, can we PUH-Lease get an inflatable thing for OUR yard?", and, "Mooooooom, when are we going to get our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch?"  The answer to the first question is always a big fat N-O.  Not that I am against inflatable yard decor, it just isn't my thing.  And, since we live in such a classy neighborhood, we have a good and plenty selection to look at from about this time clear until the new year.  As for the second request, I am more than happy to oblige.  We have a hokey little pumpkin patch a few miles away from our house where you get to see extremely clever usage of gourds in all varieties.  For example:

Here we have Miss Kitty and her rooms for rent.

Next up is General Lee and his trusty cannon.

And don't forget the lovely Miss Pop Star in her pumpkin form.

Checking out the farm animals.

Speak no evil. check. See no evil. check. Hear no evil. check.  We're good!

So this is where corn comes from.

The Rules:  Each kid gets to pick out their own pumpkin.  They must pick a pumpkin that they can transport all by themselves.  Jordan found his very quickly.

Emma was determined to find the PERFECT one.

Too dirty
Too heavy
I think I've got it
Yep, that's the one.

Another year down in the books.

6 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Don't think I didn't notice that Emma is wearing a sweater vest :)

Nicole said...

All right Sharese...I saw the Halloween pops on that bakerella site and thought I'd be a crafty mom and make the pumpkins and ghosts. I just dipped three and I really want to say curse words. Um, is there something I'm missing??? Or am i just retarded. Ha ha....I'll keep trying, but I have a feeling they won't be worthy of unveiling to anyone but my kiddos.

Annie said...

First of all, I am totally with you on the inflatable yard decorations. Not my thing.
Second, I ran across a blog of someone I used to work with years ago. I clicked on of their friends just to see if I knew them. I didn't but I am looking at their list of friends and I see Travis and Sharese. Nah, it couldn't be, sure it enough it was you. How random is that?

Nicole said...

Much better! Thank you! I think I was going for mammoth pumpkins, but smaller was much easier. THANK YOU!

Brett and Amy said...

You're good, my kids will be lucky to get a pumpkin from the grocery store this year.

Sina said...

You just have to love Shaw Farm!