
My kids went to bed at 7 o'clock tonight. Why? Well, it may have something to do with the high levels of sugar racing through their veins..........can anyone say crash? We even paid them 25 cents for every 10 candies they were willing to part with. I am torn between the idea of just taking it all away, hiding it, and then rationing it out for the rest of the year (a little redistribution of wealth?) OR practicing democracy and letting them have some control over the loot they spent two hours collecting. I have fond memories of keeping my stash hidden in my room and then organizing the candies into groups like chocolate, gummy, sugary, and chewy but now that I am responsible for their dental health, I am a little more concerned with controlling the sugar intake. Anyhow, it was a really great Halloween with good weather and nice to have it on a Friday night for a change. Out here everyone sets up shop in their front driveways with lawn chairs and/or spooky decor. It is actually pretty fun to see everyone out and about rather than opening the door 200 times for kids while their parents wait on the sidewalk. We are lucky enough to live next door to some real characters who have magic tricks, fog machines, and really awesome lawn decor......(that was my sarcastic voice talking.) This year, Eli and I passed out candy while Travis took the older three around the neighborhood.
Can you guess our family theme? We have Cinderella, Gabriella, Indiana Jones, and a cow. Okay, so there is no theme.

"The Three Amigos"
*a year ago, our good friends/neighbors found out they were expecting their 3rd child (which was a very BIG step for them) Little did they know that they were having #3 AND #4. I think these three will be T-R-O-U-B-L-E in a couple of years. No word yet if their little princess was able to do anything about that frog......
Mooooooo!
Step away from the sweets, sister.
188 pieces of candy (a new record!)
5 comments:
Cute kids. I love Emma's wig.
Impressive haul! I'd worry about my own teeth with that much candy tempting me.
Wow, that's an impressive amount of candy! I'm also impressed with your $ exchange for candy. For some extremely odd reason, neither of my kids like candy (except for kit kats), so I've been eating the loot most of the day. I'm sure I'll receive my sugar crash at any moment.
And I thought I used to get a lot of candy? That is crzay! And in my house...that would be downright dangerous. No question what would happen to the candy....all the chocolate stuff would be eaten by mom!
Wow your kids made a killing. Cute costumes!
Post a Comment