Here's a little f.y.i.
When you give out those "fun" little quarterly assignments to our children; you know, the dioramas, mobiles, or most recently, the super-awesome crest/shield project? There are some things you should know:
a) 3rd Graders are not equipped to bear responsibility for such projects.
b) Moms of 3rd Graders DO NOT WANT to bear responsibility for such projects.
c) When you include the phrase, "we welcome parental involvement", you are just opening up a whole can of worms.
d) Moms-of-too-many-children CANNOT run the risk of being shown up by crazy-overachiever-Moms-with-nothing-better-to-do, lest she be seen as a Mom-who-is-so-not-in-control-of-her-life and/or lose bragging rights of having the most accomplished kid in the class.
e) 3rd Graders are not equipped to use jigsaws OR exacto-knifes, so puh-leese do not encourage them to make their projects out of anything other than posterboard.
f) Moms-of-too-many-children have better things to do late at night than afore-mentioned projects. Things such as cleaning their toilets, which would be gleaming if it weren't for these projects.
g) Moms-of-too-many-children may or may not have come from families with way-too-many-children and may or may not have bad memories of friends' overachiever mom projects which made her own sorry little school project look like garbage. Sooooo, then she may or may not let her own issues with past school projects influence how involved her own 3rd grader can be in his own projects.
h) Moms-of-too-many-children may or may not consider Wikipedia as a biographical account.
So, what I am trying to say is,
3RD GRADERS ARE NOT DOING THEIR OWN SCHOOL PROJECTS!!
(they just think they are)
5 comments:
sharese, did you have too many kids?!
You are so funny! Seriously, I love your sense of humor and only hope my humor will carry my through the grade school years.
Can I get an AMEN!! Seriously.
Oh, the things I look forward to when my kids get older. You are hilarious, Sharese.
I'm lovin' the photoshop picture, especially of the banished one for eating the cheese. So funny.
Please make sure to drive your point home to the teachers before I have a third grader. I don't have time for my own projects let alone, assignments from them. Which brings up a similiar situation. I was asked the other day by a neighbor if my kids were interested in dog sitting while they were away for 4 days (they would be payed so it would be fun). Yeah, right, for who? I would only need to walk him twice while they were at school and once during bedtime which I barely make through on my own each night. Really? So when are my kids doing the dog sitting? I have no desire to clean up someone else's dog poop and set my timer for the thrice daily walk. I guess my I-have-it-all-together facade is too believable. I better bring out the tears a little more often. Sorry to rant in your comment section. Can you tell I haven't had enough English interaction this week? Um, love the sheild.
Post a Comment