THE BIG CUSHY RECLINING CHAIR AT THE ENDODONTIST!
Yep, that's right! I got a root canal today! It was super-fun. I even tried to make a joke while they were taking x-rays (to keep me from hyperventilating) I told them that my mouth only contained $$$ signs, not teeth. Good one, no? Yes, I have dental issues but at least I have peace of mind, knowing that I have put my dentist's children through college.........at Ivy League schools.
p.s. Travis has never even had a cavity.
8 comments:
I got my first cavity after I had George and completely freaked out when I saw the needle...I was totally not prepared so I can't imagine a root canal :) Glad you got some me time :)
Yikes! I have a dentist appointment next week. I'm a little worried about it, because I've had a toothache for a while. But, at least they can fix the problems, right!?! :D
It's so nice to be back so I can read your blog again. I got a good laugh out of your post about your dog.
I hope you survive your day after the root canal. I heard the pain can get pretty bad throughout the day. Even though your alone time involved some serious discomfort, didn't you still feel a bit of calmness, knowing you didn't have to be accountable for anyone's safety or well-being for a few hours. I never thought visiting a dentist with mind-numbing drilling would actually be a little theraputic to my nerves until I had two very busy and active little kids.
I was completely cavity free my whole life until I had my first baby. Apparently throwing up a lot is not good for your teeth. I was floored when I went the dentist told me I had 8 cavities!!! I've never had to have a root canal though, and I hear those are really bad!
I'm technically a dental hygienist. And I get, no kidding, like FOUR cavities every year. I swear! My husband is the same way...none. I hope our kids get his teeth.
And that yearbook entry? Hilarious. But I"m afraid I have the same hair issues now. I don't think people outside my family understand how bad my post partum hair loss is. I would say I lose about 75% of my hair. Good thing I have so much to start off with. But then I chop it when TONS of new hair starts coming in. Not crazy about the mullet. But curly hair like mine doesn't lend itself well to short hairstyles, so it's always in a slicked back pony tail or under a hat. I have these WINGS on the sides...I could go on and on. I'm setting our limit to four kids...one-because I can only handle three (so having more makes me a saint, right?) and two-because I can only deal with the hair loss cycle ONE more time!!!
I had good 90's hair. But '09 is not my year.
You had a root canal on Monday and came to Young Women on Tuesday! Now there's commitment Sharese. I had some "me" time at the gynecologists the other day. It just goes to show you as a mother we'll take whatever "me" time we can get!!
I better make a dentist appointment, I need some "me" time. Love your dental humor. I was pulling out one-liners left and right during labor. Us tough girls have to do something to keep the tears away, right?
I had 2 root canals this summer. It stunk. And.. you don't just pay for a root canal- you pay for a filling and a crown too! Aaron reminded me we could have had 3 nice big screens for what we paid for my teeth. The worst part is that I take super great care of my teeth, and Aaron doesn't take as good care...he too never even has cavities. Some things in life are just not fair! Now the dentist says I need a 1100$ bite plate???
Post a Comment