Anyhow, my next goal is a tricky one. I am totally lacking motivation on this one so I am hoping by proclaiming it in public, I will feel more pressure to get it done. Here it is:
Dump The Plump!
(i.e. lose 10 lbs, find my missing abs, exercise more than 1x a week, lose the fat pants......)
That's right. I need to get my groove back. Unfortunately, my holiday tradition of not working out during the month of December has stretched into March. I really don't know what happened or how I fell off of the wagon completely. I used to be a girl who had to run 5-6x a week, hit the gym regularly, and was in the know on the fitness scene. I think I just have too many excuses, their names are Jordan, Emma, Halle, and Eli. Not to mention the housework that never seems to end or the Girl Scout cookies/sewing/craft projects that are calling my name. All of these things are good and all but they aren't making my bottom any smaller or adding definition to my triceps. As of now, I have been barely keeping afloat using the triage system of prioritizing. You know, putting out the biggest fire first? And let me tell you, there are a lot of fires going on in our household right now.
I decided that this week was a great time to start my exercise program of waking up early and going for a run each day since it was going to be lighter in the mornings with Daylight Savings and all. It finally dawned on me as I was halfway through my run (in the dark!) that I had things backwards. Lighter in the evenings, darker in the mornings. Reminded me of the time that Amy, one of my bestest friends from high school/college, and I pulled an all-nighter at the end of Winter term at BYU and decided to watch the sun rise. At the foot of the Y. Which is on the east side of campus. As in, the same east that the sun rises from. It wasn't all that breathtaking to have the sun rise behind the mountain as we laid on the roof of her Ford Fiesta. Dang funny, though.
Anyways, I was bummed about running in the dark but still determined to stay focused. Then, I woke up Tuesday with a terrible head cold and haven't been able to do much at all since. The problem is that it doesn't take much these days to discourage myself from exercising. Maybe seeing it in the sidebar of my blog will help. Maybe the upcoming shorts/swimsuit season will do it. I don't know. But, it is my goal and I am sticking with it until I get my mojo back. I would love some suggestions. Although I think I need a running partner. There is nothing like knowing that someone will be waiting outside my door to get me out of my nice warm bed. Anyone, anyone?
6 comments:
to bad we don't live closer or I would love to be your running buddy. Not that I'll be running for much longer, but every little bit helps. I know I'll be needing to loose more than 10 lbs in just a few months.
I would say that I would be your running partner if I lived closer but it just isn't true. I hate running. It makes my legs itch. Lara says that is ridiculous but it is true. I got a bike because I wanted to start cycling and it has been sitting in my garage since October. I road it around the driveway yesterday just to make sure I still knew how to ride a bike but didn't burn any calories. I need to exercise and I need to lose ten but I am hopelessly unmotivated and I really don't like to exercise.
Oh and that cold? It sucks. So sorry you have it.
I just read Amy's comment about the legs itching, and I was so excited that finally someone experienced the same discomfort. My legs itch like crazy when I run, and I end up stopping after about a mile to itch my legs like a mad man, which only makes them itch even more. I absolutely hate running, and I am so impressed that you do it.
Hope you find that running partner! It really does make a difference, knowing that someone's coming to your house to get you. I had a taebo partner at BYU who would show up at my house at 7 am to do a little Billy Banks whoop-A. She would practically drag me out of bed in the mornings, but I'm grateful for my infuriating friend who loved mornings because I got into some serious shape (we branched out and started to run the stairs at the Y after growing tired of Billy).
Oh, and by the way, your story of watching the sunrise with Amy was absolutely hilarious. You two are too funny!
P.S. If I remember right... doesn't someone have a birthday today?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope Travis and the kids spoil you rotten. You deserve it, Wonderwoman.
I'm too far away to run with, but I'll totally buy the Nike + when I visit, so we can run together from afar. In the meantime, I've seen some people with a Nike + cartoon runner on their sidebar that gives their current stats. That's motivating right? The world would know if you got up to run or not, and we'd all know if it was a 16 minute mile. Something to think about. Good luck. Maybe you'll be my motivation.
Post a Comment