We signed Halle up for soccer this year because we were worried about having too much free time on the weekends. We have had very low expectations thus far for her sporting future since she would much rather live in a make-believe world of fairy tales and musicals. We had to divide and conquer for the girls' first games as they were at exactly the same time. I cheered on Emma, while Travis and Jordan went to Halle's game. (Our kids ALWAYS perform better when Dad is on the sidelines.....probably because he gives them an honest appraisal of how they did rather than my constant positive encouragement regardless of performance)
I got the expected phone call following the first quarter with the report of: "Man, this is going to be a long season.........she didn't even go near the ball."
Then, apparently a FIRE WAS LIT! I even got to run over and watch a bit to see it with my own eyes. I'm not sure if there was bribery involved or just her competitive drive kicking in but the girl got in the game! Three goals, high fives, and big smiles later, and our worries were dissipated. She may just have a future on this scouting report after all.

4 comments:
There's hope for you guys and real sports yet... way to go Halle.
Congrats, I'm sure you're sleeping better at night now. I can't believe how big she looks, too. She's losing her toddler look. We won't recognize you guys when we come home this summer.
Halle is the jam sharese we all know that. That video make me laugh so hard she is so funny to watch her face is so excited haha.
Could she be any cuter? Those were some seriously impressive moves on the field.
Post a Comment