Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My kids went back to school last week.
Photobucket
These two were more than ready to go and barely even remembered to glance in my direction as they hopped aboard the bus with all of their friends. But, I am not worried.......they'll come crawling back just as soon as they forget their lunch or need something signed or want to download the new Taylor Swift song. It happens all the time.
Photobucket
This one still likes us though. I don't know what I was thinking, sending her off to Kindergarten this year. I didn't shed a tear with the older two when they started school. They were ready to grow up and I guess I was more ready to let them go.
Photobucket
I did really well up until this moment. And then suddenly she seemed far too small to be leaving for Kindergarten. What was I thinking, sending her off alone on a big yellow bus without me there to make sure she got to the right place?? She can't even put her shoes on the right feet yet, let alone defend herself amongst playground bullies!
Photobucket
The tears flowed freely as she waved goodbye (mine, not hers). And now, I am a mom-who-cried-when-her-kid-left-on-the-bus.
I am pretty sure that I will NEVER send Eli to school.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

sharese you crack me up seriously. your kids are growing up too fast I don't like it next thing I know Jordan is going to be in Jr. High I don't like that one bit.

Amy F. said...

I'm glad I never had to have that moment, I'm a wimp. That's part of the reason I homeschool my kids. :) She looks so sweet. You seem to have an amazing family. I love reading your posts. You find humor in the simple things. Miss you!!!

Brett and Amy said...

I've never had to send my kids off on a bus for their first day of kindergarten (Good 'ole Ohio levys). Well, besides their first day of kindergarten in Spain, but that was half way through the year, and more of a van than a bus. A big yellow bus would definately be hard. Sad, sad, sad. Little Halle will be doing lond division the next time I see her. At least you still have half days. Boo..hoo...hoo...I'm sorry, I'm distracted now from your sadness and reminded of the excruciating pain I will go through in a couple of weeks when I go through it. With NUMBER 4!!! Oh, by the way, your kids look dashing! Nice matching backpacks too.

amy16 said...

I couldn't bring myself to that moment. My (not so) little Halle is stuck with me for another year. In reality I get to KEEP her for another year. Carson starts preschool this year and just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.

La said...

I cried so hard after Zane walked into his class that I couldn't see. The front desk lady had to help me write my check for lunch money. I cried with Daph and now with Zane. I don't think I am getting braver or stronger. I love the pics of Halle and her Daddy. It looks like a hard day for the whole family.

little miss shortcake said...

um, could you come photograph my kids first days of school? and plan their outfits?

kthanxbye

Amy Eagleston said...

Honestly I can't even imagine being at the point and I don't know what I will do if George doesn't want to go to school. I don't think I can make him. I'll have to quite my job, move to Driggs, and start homeschooling.

Actually, that sounds glorious.

Becky said...

I know next year I'm going to cry hard when Rachel boards that bus. Unfortunately, the tears will be of pure joy. I think "absence makes the heart grow fonder" rings true in this household. It's so sad, but so true! ;)

Kirsten Brockner said...

Such a cute post! Great pictures.

Lydia said...

That is seriously too cute for words. I'm sure I'll do the same thing when Anna gets on the giant yellow bus.