Tuesday, February 23, 2010

diet deterrents

I would like to take a moment to spotlight a 
few reasons for the donut that has taken temporary
residence around my belly region.  Also, these are
the things that cause me to do approximately 19 squats and
9 lunges each time I attempt to button my jeans.  

#1.  Snow.  Darn snow.  We have been buried in it for the last few weeks
and it is impossible to get any exercise outside other than shoveling
my driveway.  Although this is how my hometown looks for most of
the winter, it is not normal for here.  Snow days?? You betcha.  I don't 
think my kids have had a full week of school since the holiday break.

#2.  Leftover candy.  I think there should be a rule that all holiday candy
is disposed of within a week of the said holiday.  Otherwise,  I am left with the
sole responsibility of making sure it is not wasted.  And, I take that responsibility
very seriously.

#3.  Yes.  Girl Scout Cookies.  I am really just trying to give back
to the community here......okay, not really.  These delicious
morsels may keep me out of a bathing suit until July, at the very least.

#4.  Fast food.  And, I don't even like fast food.  But with
all the running around we do, it has become an unfortunate necessity
far too often.  

#5.  Costco Vanilla Ice Cream.  Add a blender and some fresh strawberries
and it is like a small taste of heaven.  Not that I would ever indulge myself,
late at night, when the kids are asleep.......I didn't like skinny jeans anyway.
Also, honorable mention goes to those Costco choc-covered caramel macadamia 
morsels of delicious-ness.  I would have a picture but so far, I have managed
to peel myself away from that aisle and be satisfied with the sample.

#6.  Eli.  He will be two in about six weeks.  I really thought 
maybe we could just gloss over this stage with all the great
parenting experience I have racked up.  Lately, he has kept
me from doing just about anything other than follow him
around to keep the wake of destruction to a minimum.  

So there you have it.  These are my excuses reasons for the
extra jiggle here and there.  But, I am turning over a new
leaf and hitting the gym......just as soon as the Olympics are over 
and I can actually go to bed at a reasonable hour.




4 comments:

Michael said...

#5 - Costo Vanilla Ice-Cream : You've just gotta steer well clear. That stuff is like pure cocaine. I swear the Costco samples folks got their idea from drug peddlers. They give you just enough for free....

Amy Eagleston said...

I am with you. I just hate Feb. It is depressing. I started P90X in Jan and did awesome. I lost 7lbs and felt great and then Feb came and I can't get out of bed and only sugar (I'm not picky) makes me happy.

Brett and Amy said...

No snow, fast food, costco, girl scouts or 2 year old here. At least you have bonified excuses, pardon me, reasons. I'm past the lunges and jumping up and down whilst cramming the zipper up. It takes a full day to appropriately stretch the jeans, so I usually opt for skirt. Which doesn't help, because then there isn't the daily reminder "Whoa, maybe I should pass on the snickerdoodles for breakfast today".

Lydia said...

OK, I seriously need to get back into the blogging world. I've been depriving myself by not reading your blog. I love this post, and I'll just add my "Amen!" to that.