Amy: "Hey! What are you doing?"
Me: "Oh, me? I am just on clean floor patrol..."
Amy: laughing aloud, "yes, I know what that means"
Me: "Uh-huh......I had to make the difficult decision between
taking a shower or mopping my floor before school let out......
so kids are playing outside, dog has been banished, and I am
standing guard at the only unlocked entrance"
Amy: "What is the point of cleaning anyway?"
Me: " I know, I know. I think I will just put up a sign
on my front door announcing to my neighbors that if
they come over in the next 20 minutes, they might
be able to see my floor's natural color"
Our conversation continued along those same lines for a while........cheap therapy, I think. Thanks for listening, Amy! It is so good to have friends who understand my mental state after doing the "mom" thing all day, every day. Whether it is discussing how often we change wet sheets, stay up all night working on book reports for with our kids, or spend 6 nights a week on the sidelines. It helps to know I am not the only one. So, I thought I would document the demise of my shiny wood floors yesterday........I really just should have taken that shower instead, since there is absolutely no difference in appearance 24 hours later. Seriously, it is like that question about a tree falling in the forest with no one around to see it happen. So, even though I don't have photographic evidence that my floors were clean from approximately 3:04 p.m. until 4:15 p.m. yesterday, I know it happened. Here is the downhill slide as it occurred:
4:06 p.m. Snack time.......first spill
4:17 p.m. Snack time pt. 2.......second spill/yogurt drip. (note the lovely hair, caused by
half a bottle of lotion spilled on floor and rubbed into his hair before nap time... also
the main reason for scrubbing the floors in the first place)
4:34 p.m. Someone let the darn dog in. Downhill from here. Add several friends over
shooting hoops in the backyard and several trips in and out for drinks.....and we were
right back to where we started.
Like sands in an hourglass.........these are the days of my life.

4 comments:
I haven't mopped my floors in two weeks. I did sweep a couple of times though. I am thinking about leaving this as an anonymous comment but I won't :)
Can I get an AMEN?
I think I might take a picture of every room in our house at the peak of their spotlessness and make a collage in the front entry way. Than I can direct them to exhibit A as proof that my house doesn't always have backpacks and coats all over the floor, couches littered with legos, yogurt fingerprints on the windows and kitchen chairs you may permanently stick to. Good job cleaning your floor yesterday, and happy mopping today...or in a week.
Clean floors are overrated...
Post a Comment