Friday, March 19, 2010

going green

I was all excited to post the unusual festiveness that happened at our house for St. Patrick's Day........until I read this today.  And now I feel silly and like my efforts may be perceived as a bit over the top, which they really weren't.  In fact, I have to force myself to make an effort to be more celebratory on holidays and special occasions because it doesn't come naturally.  So, I saw some fun ideas online a few weeks ahead of time, and my girls insisted on sporting some head-to-toe green (completely practical, I know....)  The thing is, we had a great fun day and there probably aren't too many years left, at least for my older ones for this kind of thing.

We woke up to a houseful of overturned furniture, papers strewn about, shoes hanging from cupboards, etc.  The kids thought it was pretty funny that a leprechaun had caused so much mischief while they were sleeping.  The best part was when they started pointing out pre-existing messes and placing the blame on said leprechaun too.  Halle opened the junk drawer and utensil drawer and said, "Whoa......look what he did in here."  She must be looking through rose-colored glasses most days.


There was green tinted milk, green smoothies, and green oreos as a surprise after school
(from a fellow-silly rockstar mom friend of mine..)  


Like I said, completely practical.  I can see these outfits getting a lot of wear.

Hope your St. Paddy's Day was a fun one!

3 comments:

La said...

Very cute. I am seriously impressed with your sewing skills. You are the real deal.

BA said...

Do not let that "other" post ruin your fun. St. Patty's day, isn't that fun of a holiday, but it's an excuse to do something extra and fun for your kids. Last year I did a bit more and they loved it, but this year the extent was throwing gold coin chocolates out the kitchen window while their backs were turned and blaming leprecauns for being careless with their loot. Whick freaked out Eli and Cohen, as they didn't want some leprecaun running around outside with them. Guess I'll have to bring back the green frosting footprints across their plates, etc. Once we're back in the states, and I can get ahold of some green oreos, I'm going your route. Sounds fun for the wee ones. Love your festive duds as well.

Unknown said...

Bahahaha I love the pre-existing mess comment. That is hilarious.