One of my least favorite fashion trends for guys is black hightops. Unfortunately, Travis managed to hide his love for such shoes until after we were married. Over the years, I have attempted to be the one who does all the shoe shopping for the kids (I have given up on controlling his footwear choices).
This past weekend we stopped at the Nike outlet so I could look for new running shoes and instead, Travis found these beauties on the clearance rack.
He handed me the box to pay for up front while he left to check out the Under Armour store and at the last second, I peeked inside. Ugh....I immediately dropped the box on the nearest counter and paid for the rest of our stuff. I made the mistake of telling Travis that no way was our kid going to wear those shoes........next thing I knew, we were we were battling it out Wal-mart style in front of the store.
Me: "Those shoes are terrible.......like 1987 terrible"
Travis: "What are you talking about? They were originally $100!"
Me: "Yeah, and nobody would pay $100 for them so they are giving them away now..."
Travis: "You know nothing about style!"
Me: "W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R"
Travis: "I am buying them. now."
Did I mention it was our anniversary?? And, that we had spent the entire day at the baseball fields? Can I get some back-up?? Am I being unreasonable?
p.s. (he paid extra for the red shoelaces.....)

7 comments:
I will give you back-up on the anniversary, but those shoes are sweet now he can hang out with all his black buddies like Dallin
Um...Ashley is funny. And I am with you on this one. They are ugly. Like really ugly.
What? You don't want your son to be able to hang with his homies? Weird. Totally with you on this one. The Wal-Mart style battle description made me laugh! Love you!
what's up with 3 blogs, you crazy woman? i can't even handle 1. glad i found it! you are too funny!
uh. Those shoes scream "80s dirtbag".
Keegs got black high tops with red shoestrings at the Nike outlet in TN that weekend too. I hate them...during basketball season is one thing, but not in the middle of summer.
I can't wait to hear the follow-up on this one. I would have given anything to witness this argument, just to see you say "W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R." Hilarious.
Post a Comment