Sunday, March 13, 2011

free at last, free at last

I can't tell you how good it feels to know that diapers are a thing of the past in this household.  I made the mistake of trying to start potty training about 6 months ago with limited success.  We took a break and came back to it after the holidays and he is doing fantastic.  Whew!  
It's funny because since there is a 3+ year gap between he and Halle, the older kids are at school all day and so it is just the two of us most days.  I feel like I have jumped back in time to when it was just Jordan and I.  It is fun to have so much time to spend with him but I forgot how hard it is to entertain just one kid.  We are constantly looking for friends to hang with and things to do besides laundry/cleaning.

2 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

He is so cute! Congrats on hurdling this important milestone!

Lydia said...

I feel the same way about staying home with just Samantha. She is always so excited when Tommy and Anna get home to play. I don't think she's too thrilled about being my cleaning buddy.

Congrats with the potty training! I envy you! Without disclosing too much gross information, I'll just say that Samantha's metabolism has super powers, which gives me more diapers to change in a day than I ever thought humanly possible. I hope Samantha will be one of the early ones and train at 18 months. Cue in the loud laughter and "Yeah RIGHT!"

By the way, I'm sorry I missed sending you a happy birthday! I hope there was a lot of spoiling involved.